Are you having a problem finding a way on how to hang curtains on concrete wall without drilling?
Then, you landed in the right place!
In this article, we will teach you the different alternatives of hanging a curtain without drilling works.
Having curtains on walls or windows is significant since they give a different sense of privacy.
Also, hanging curtains as well add aesthetic and décor to the interior UK houses.
However, some people in the UK are incapable of hanging curtains on concrete walls due to practical reasons.
The home in the United Kingdom rented, no available drilling device, or doesn’t want to damage the wall itself.
Fortunately, there are different alternatives for this problem. Scroll up for more information.
Ways To Hang Curtains On Concrete Wall Without Drilling
You are free to choose between the options stated in this article on what’s conducive for you on how to hang curtains on concrete wall without drilling.
The choice is in your hand.
Here are some innovative curtain-hanging strategies that don’t require drilling holes in your walls.
Option #1. Using command hooks
Command hooks are particularly the most common alternative way of attaching curtain rods to the concrete.
Temporary command hooks function primarily to support curtain rods attest to the frame, mini wall accessories, and other decorations.
These hooks appear in a range of load capacities, so make sure the ones you buy are sturdy enough to prevent your curtains and curtain rod from slipping off.
Steps on using command hooks to hang your curtain:
- Prepare the tools you will need, specifically command hooks, the curtain and a curtain rod of your preference, a measuring device, and a high chair.
- Measure the approximate distance of the position of both the curtain rods using a measuring device.
- If you can’t reach the upper concrete wall, you may use a chair.
- Attach the command hooks on both sides of the end of the rod length you just measured.
- Take note that you can add one or more of these to secure the curtain rods more.
- Put adequate pressure on the command hooks for 10 to 30 seconds to make sure they stick firmly to the concrete wall.
- Next, put on the curtain rods on the hooks stuck on the wall and ensure that the rod ends are placed inside the hooks’ curves and even observe the position.
- If you think it polished correctly, you may now put your curtain on the curtain rod and hang it on the concrete wall.
Option #2. Tension rods
Tension rods are also one of the best strategies in hanging a curtain wall on concrete without breaking it.
This type of rods is only applicable if there is a width difference of to opposite wall, so it will have something to bend with, usually inner window walls.
When you push the end of a tension rod against a window frame, a spring mechanism within the rod induces tension.
There won’t be enough tension if the rod is too short, and there will be too much tension if the rod is too long, so look for one that will fit your window width.
Moreover, this option requires the least effort and has satisfactory results.
Steps on setting up tension rods on your concrete wall:
- Prepare your tools such as the tension rods for your windows panel width, a chair, curtain rods, and a curtain.
- Set the curtain on the tension rods.
- Use the chair to put on the tension rods with a curtain in the window frame.
- Slightly push the tension rod inwardly to shorten its length.
- Then, gently fit the other end of tension rods in the opposite concrete wall.
- Make sure to fit it firmly to avoid bouncing the rod and prevent unwanted accidents.
Option #3. Ceiling suspension
Suspension of the curtain rod in the ceiling can also be a good option.
This method is applicable if you want to create a flowy look or a backdrop using longer curtains.
Besides, if you can’t drill holes because of dry, rubbery plaster or a brick wall, ceiling suspension is highly suggested for you.
This option is also easier because you only have to suspend the rod on the ceiling literally.
Steps on hanging a curtain using ceiling suspension method:
- Gather the materials you will need like the curtain rods, a ladder tool, measuring device hammer, saw, and other repairs materials
- As you are now ready, you have to remove the ceiling wood on the area you want to put the curtain rod on
- Then, use a measuring device to trace the length and width of a rectangular shape that you will cut using the saw
- This rectangular shape will be the passage of the rod on the ceiling
- The next thing is to cut the form that you have traced
- Return the ceiling wood to its place with the hole on it using hammer and repair materials
- Lastly, set the curtain rod with a curtain entering the rectangular hole and suspend both ends on the ceiling frames or bar
For more articles like this, you might want to click here.
Regardless, that is all.
Hanging a curtain on a concrete wall without drilling holes can be difficult if you never had background or ideas on doing the job.
Luckily, there are alternatives to doing those which can benefit anyone like you.
We thank you for all the support and effort you have given in reaching this part of the article.
I hope you are satisfied with the step-by-step guide on how to hang curtains on concrete wall without drilling.
You are greatly appreciated.